Qualification & Experiences
● M.A./M.Ed. degree or equivalent in English subject is preferred.
● Fluency in English.
● At least five years’ teaching experience.
● Experience teaching English, preferably to English Language Learners.
● Experience with instructional coaching.
● Experience with instructional leadership.
● Experience using data to drive instructional practices and curriculum development.
● Experience with exceptional independent or international school programs.
The English department is focused on building a strong literacy foundation, and developing our students’ reading and writing identities, so that they can express, argue and articulate themselves fluently and confidently.
Heads of Department at Avasara Academy uphold the highest professional standards, exemplify
reflective practice, contribute to the overall development at Avasara through work on the Instructional Team, and lead the following in their departments: Strategy, Teacher supervision, support and development, Personnel and Resources.
Head of Department, English
Avasara - The Circle Partner School
Avasara Academy is a nonprofit institution located in Lavale Valley, just outside Pune, India. We are an
all girls school with a mission to empower girls of promise to lead lives of distinction and impact.
Avasara Academy currently enrolls 350 students in standards 6-12 and will eventually have an
enrollment of 500.
Students engage in our specialized curriculum that combines the academic excellence of the Cambridge
curriculum with a focus on leadership, entrepreneurship, and Indian studies. Students participate in
hands-on leadership and real-world experiences culminating in either an entrepreneurial business or
social initiative that serves as a platform for their leadership development. Avasara will continue to
nurture these leaders throughout their lives by connecting them to powerful networks of people and
capital that can facilitate large-scale change. Avasara Academy, therefore, is not just a school but a life-
long network that will cultivate innovative, entrepreneurial leaders.